Obon Inward Okinawa Together With Dia De Los Muertos Inward Mexico

         Today is what is known equally Obon—a Buddhist vacation for commemorating one’s ancestors. It is believed that every twelvemonth for iii days, the family’s ancestors come upwards dorsum to view their relatives.
Okinawan tomb
I learned that the 24-hour interval earlier Obon, during Obon, together with the 24-hour interval later Obon, it is taboo to swim inward the ocean. The Okinawans believe if you lot acquire swimming, evil spirits volition drag you lot downward into Davy Jone’s locker together with drown you.
While I empathize the Okinawan beliefs, I myself, create non encounter how spirits resonate inward the body of body of water surrounding Okinawa. Although I desire to acquire swimming, I must honour Okinawan beliefs together with expect until side past times side weekend to dip my trunk into the East China Sea. (Or for those carefree JETs Gaijin smash. I'll speak most Gaijin Smashing inward approximately other blog.) 
Obon reminds me of el Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead inward Spanish. Dia de los Muertos takes identify the showtime together with 2nd of November. In Mexico, it is celebrated past times having a picnic at the graves of the loved ones together with celebrating their lives. My relatives inward United Mexican States commonly view the grave of my uncle together with honey Abuelita Elodia. 
An modify inward the domicile is seat upwards amongst offerings. These offerings include soul objects the relatives enjoyed when they were alive. For instance, my nonno (my father’s father) enjoyed Camel cigarettes together with my abuelita (my mother’s mother) loved chocolate covered raisins. Every year, I notice these items on the modify inward my domicile inward America. Flowers adorn the modify equally good equally candles together with ii dark dogs to guide the spirits together with protect the living. I believe 1 of the most of import pieces of the modify are the coins left inward a dish to pay the ferryman to cross dorsum over the river.  
Dia de los Muertos is too categorized past times beautiful saccharide skulls together with elaborate celebrations. 
In addition, this past times weekend Typhoon Bolaven hitting Okinawa, making it impossible to fifty-fifty acquire exterior to the grocery store. Typhoon Bolaven was the largest typhoon to hitting Okinawa inward 13 years. My weekends are reserved for outdoor activities then it was unfortunate a Category five typhoon struck the island. Luckily, I was able to remain amongst my novel JET friend, Virginie then I wouldn’t survive lone during the typhoon. We made wonderful nutrient from crepes to delicious sushi!

Enjoyed this post? You powerfulness too like: 
Obon
Ryukyudachi:The Karate of Okinawa

Sumber https://ginabearsblog.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Obon Inward Okinawa Together With Dia De Los Muertos Inward Mexico. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions