A Reflection On Internationalization As Well As Civilization Inwards Okinawa

          This weblog transportation service shall live on a fourth dimension of reflection inside my past times 2 months inwards Okinawa. I receive got come upward to acquire a groovy bargain almost myself, the world, in addition to the relationships I receive got amongst those around me. Every mensuration inwards my life has been i to brand me grow equally a someone in addition to I cannot hold off to die along to grow. I know this adjacent twelvemonth volition offering me an chance to modify in addition to run into myself equally I never receive got before.
           While inwards Okinawa I found a few reasons why the public has a depression see of Americans. (Not bagging on the servicemen only at that spot are ever the few morons that ruin it for everyone.) Like I said before, it’s ever the few immature servicemen who are ignorant of civilization in addition to believe they tin do equally they please. Whatever mentality was instilled into them, I do non know, only their high in addition to mighty mental attitude toward the local people in addition to women weighs heavily on the negativity.  
            Now, it’s non to state that all of our servicemen are similar that. I receive got met many respectable men who receive got the encephalon capacity over a walnut in addition to inwards a higher identify the emotional attain of a teaspoon inwards considering the feelings in addition to cultures of others. That existence said, I move out my peace.  
I conversed amongst a friend from New Zealand lately who told me he noticed I state whatever is on my heed amongst no fearfulness of the repercussions. He said that was quite novel to him equally inwards New Zealand it is to a greater extent than the norm to live on shy than forward. In New Zealand it’s normal for most children’s parents non to live on together because they weren’t married inwards the outset place.
Here inwards Okinawa, I receive got made an amazing friend from Quebec Canada. Her outset linguistic communication is French in addition to I never believed I would live on using to a greater extent than Castilian inwards Okinawa than I do at home. I fifty-fifty write to a greater extent than Castilian which makes me then happy to practice. I never thought I would live on reading French, going to belly dancing shows, in addition to fifty-fifty an Irish Gaelic pub.
From my European friends, I receive got discovered their sarcasm is unparalleled to the sarcasm I would ever detect inwards the United States. 
Sometimes I tease the English linguistic communication speakers from other countries. Here on the JET Program inwards the Okinawa prefecture, nosotros receive got JETs from Scotland, South Africa, Ireland, Jamaica, Canada, the Pacific Islands, in addition to New Zealand. For other English linguistic communication speaking countries, their words die equally follows, machine park, loo/toilet, rubbish bin, fag, in addition to petrol station. For the Americans, parking lot, bathroom, garbage can, cigarette, in addition to gas station. (Those are to refer a few. I’m for certain I volition uncovering to a greater extent than equally the twelvemonth progresses.)
To me, it’s absolutely amazing fifty-fifty though nosotros part the mutual linguistic communication English, our cultures are all the same vastly unlike depending on the province in addition to the experiences nosotros all have.    
I also never realized where I come upward from talking almost your feelings in addition to what you lot genuinely intend is okay. I receive got been raised, equally a trouble solid unit of measurement ethic, to state whatever I felt similar when I felt it. In for certain situations, that’s quite all right. Feelings are also a large “no-no” hither inwards Japan. It’s improper to verbalize almost them.  
I’ve known for awhile when to alternative in addition to conduct my battles. Now seeing how passive aggressive the Japanese civilization is, I tin get down to understand why for certain actions inwards their civilization component subdivision the means they do. Harmony inwards the run identify in addition to inwards social situations plays a “key” purpose into establishing connections in addition to relationships, of whatever kind.
Harmony is substitution only when at an enkai at an izakaya, it doesn’t thing if you’ve drank or not. You’re drunkard in addition to you lot tin state whatever it is you lot feel. This is the i fourth dimension Japanese people die all out in addition to genuinely allow loose. After the enkai though, run volition resume equally common in addition to the nighttime earlier volition never live on talked almost again.   
Here inwards Okinawa, I detect Okinawan people are then kind. I state this inwards regards to my coordinators who receive got gone inwards a higher identify in addition to beyond their duties to extend the mitt of friendship in addition to brand me experience welcome at the high schoolhouse I learn at. H5N1 coordinator(s) has the chore of making for certain the unusual resident in addition to ALT is swiftly in addition to comfortably transitioned into Japanese life. They await out for the good existence of the ALT in addition to receive got taken me many places. I cannot give thank you lot them plenty for how form they are to me.
I consider myself i of the luckiest people inwards the public to receive got them equally friends in addition to coworkers. God has blessed me amongst 2 real caring people. My other coworkers are also incredibly form in addition to interested inwards me equally a person.
I also know some other Japanese Teacher of English linguistic communication (JTE), who is an awesome surfer in addition to knows the best places to consume inwards Okinawa! He i time took me for the most amazing Okinawa Soba I receive got ever had!
The final 2 ALTs that receive got come upward to the high schoolhouse I learn at were from Hawaii, therefore the stigma of existence from Hawaii was attached to me. I acquire an array of surprise when I enjoin them I’m from Chicago.
Many Japanese people receive got no thought where Chicago is. When I enjoin my coworkers my woman parent is Mexican in addition to my manly someone parent is Italian they acquire fifty-fifty to a greater extent than surprised. I enjoin them that inwards America, nosotros are American because nosotros are a mix of people from all over the world.  
I receive got the Japanese of a 2 twelvemonth erstwhile in addition to I tin state to a greater extent than words than sentences. The exclusively coherent judgement I am able to squeak out is, “I dear beni imo tarts.” (Speaking of food, I actually immature lady Buffalo Wild Wings in addition to Chicago mode deep dish pizza.) I tin state colors, numbers, trunk parts, in addition to days of the week. I also receive got managed to read the kanji for the days of the calendar week in addition to the katakana for badminton club.       
Because I know how hard Japanese is for me, I am able to sympathize amongst my students learning English. Japanese in addition to English linguistic communication are then far away on the linguistic communication tree, no wonder it is then difficult! Living inwards Nihon was hard for me at outset because for someone who tin speak 2 other languages likewise English, it comes equally a stupor when i cannot communicate.
I at i time understand how my woman parent felt when she outset came to the USA in addition to couldn’t fifty-fifty understand the linguistic communication or read a sign. Whenever I die on base, I experience then happy because I know what it is similar to experience literate again.
I understand how my students experience because of a workshop I went through at the Board of Education inwards Okinawa City. During this presentation, our presenter spoke to us inwards Japanese in addition to asked us to write inwards Japanese. I couldn’t understand a damn give-and-take he said in addition to it was fifty-fifty to a greater extent than traumatizing when he asked me to write inwards Japanese on the board. Way to out my pitiful Japanese skills.
During my rest inwards Japan, I receive got made skilful relationships amongst the vice regulation in addition to other teachers past times playing badminton. I was talking almost how I was incredibly lamentable that I had to move out my badminton dissonance at home. One instructor gifted me a badminton dissonance then I could die along to play amongst them. I also detect the fourth dimension to play amongst my students. By doing clubs amongst them, I detect this is a groovy motivating element to acquire English. The students genuinely receive got a motivation to communicate amongst their unusual resident.
Now, to a greater extent than than ever, I detect that my quirky personality has its perks. It’s okay to live on “genki” in addition to to live on myself. The other twenty-four hr catamenia I was walking amongst a few students who told me how much they loved seeing my Quincenera video in addition to how I ever die on almost Totoro stamps for course of didactics participation. I at i time genuinely know that coming to Okinawa was the best determination of my life when i my students said, “I dear Gina Sensei!”
Being then international hither inwards Okinawa has actually got me thinking almost other cultures in addition to people in addition to my ain civilization in addition to self.
This is where I get down to enquire the question, “Who is to state whose civilization is correct in addition to whose civilization is wrong?” The response is no i is correct in addition to no i is wrong. Only different. We come upward to fearfulness the unknown only if you lot receive got the fourth dimension to acquire almost the other people, you lot get down to understand their feelings in addition to sentiments.
As Mark Twain i time said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, in addition to narrow-mindedness, in addition to many of our people demand it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men in addition to things cannot live on acquired past times vegetating inwards i niggling corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Sumber https://ginabearsblog.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari A Reflection On Internationalization As Well As Civilization Inwards Okinawa. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions