Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Merely About Kyushu 24-Hour Interval 56 Kurume To Saga

A Walk Around Kyushu
Day 56, Kurume to Saga
Dominicus Jan fifth 2014

This volition endure the final hateful solar daytime where I base of operations myself inwards Kurume, in addition to interesting town that I had never heard of earlier coming hither but which has been my habitation away from habitation equally I bring explored the region. As I am walking across the span to Nagatoishi on the N side of the river the Sun comes upwardly behind me.

 This volition endure the final hateful solar daytime where I base of operations myself inwards Kurume TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 56 Kurume to Saga


I notice the offset temple, Dainichi-ji, easily plenty in addition to it is yet roughly other construction indistinguishable from a house. The Earth flooring is 2 opened upwardly motorcar parking spaces, the 2nd containing roughly statues in addition to the entrance to the stairs that I presume Pb upwardly to the "main hall."

There is no argue why a temple must accommodate to a pre-determined reckon of what a temple should hold back like, but it is disappointing nonetheless. It is also a piddling also early on inwards the forenoon to call the bell in addition to boot the bucket inwards thus I pay my respects to the statues at the entrance in addition to caput off. Nearby I notice a pocket-size Buddhist temple/chapel amongst a lot of action going on. Obviously a festival volition endure presently taking place.

Under encompass is a pocket-size statue of Kannon, but surrounding it are dozens in addition to dozens of pocket-size figures: roughly Jizo, roughly of the 7 Lucky Gods, Daruma, cats, dolls, children's toys, a huge variety of traditional in addition to popular figures.

I dear these eclectic collections. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 piddling farther in addition to I come upwardly to Chiriku Hachimangu Shrine. At the meridian of a flying of stone steps, equally shrines thus oftentimes are, when I achieve the meridian I tin run across dozens of pairs of shoes set out inwards front. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 ceremony is going on. The shrine itself is fairly austere, equally Hachiman shrines oftentimes are.

This is ane of one-half a dozen major Hachiman shrines across Kyushu that engagement dorsum centuries earlier the Hachiman cult took concord in addition to spread on the primary isle of Honshu to boot the bucket the nigh mutual shrine across Nippon (according to ane agency of measurement it). It was a Kyushu based cult first.

From hither I cutting across province stopping inwards at shrines along the way. It's apartment in addition to agricultural, though the settlements are closer together. I achieve the primary road, Route 34, in addition to a few hundred meters after achieve the side past times side temple, release 6, Ryuo-in.

 This volition endure the final hateful solar daytime where I base of operations myself inwards Kurume TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 56 Kurume to Saga


Ryuo-in is a large temple, in addition to rattling busy, though the primary hall does non hold back similar a traditional temple. Rectilinear amongst walls that gradient inwards, the whole edifice is clad inwards reddish tile in addition to is to a greater extent than oftentimes than non windowless. It looks similar a pocket-size town hall or library built inwards the early on 1970's.

There is a smaller hall, white concrete in addition to also non-traditional, in addition to an Inari Shrine amongst a "tunnel" of vermillion torii, but the nicest thing, for me, is the large statue of Fudo Myo inwards brilliant primary colors.

Fudo Myo is the honzon (main deity) of this temple. From hither it is at nowadays a immediately shot into Saga in addition to my hotel for the nighttime in addition to the cease of this leg of my walk.

It's a busy route in addition to non much fun walking equally I am bothered past times the noise. The dissonance of urban Nippon is maybe the affair that bothers me most. I can't teach used to it. So much traffic. Even a brusk interruption sitting on the steps of a shrine set dorsum from the route 100 meters offers roughly relief. I transcend past times the entrance to Yoshinogari, the huge archeological site that was in ane lawsuit reckon to endure the habitation of the legendary Himiko, "Queen of Yamatai."

I had been hither in ane lawsuit roughly years agone in addition to this fourth dimension decided to press on in addition to utilisation the remaining daylight to explore Saga, somewhere I haven't been. I notice my hotel, the Saga City Hotel, close the station in addition to am able to exit my pack piece I caput off to explore the castle ruins.

Saga Castle has a huge moat in addition to roughly walls, a reconstructed gate, but nigh impressive is the reconstructed “palace”. Best of all, entrance is free. There are women dressed inwards kimono everywhere. Inside inwards the rattling long primary reception room I establish out why. There is going to endure a performance. The flooring is covered amongst xl to 50 Kotos, the traditional stringed instrument, in addition to these are what the kimono clad women, of all ages, are hither to play.

 This volition endure the final hateful solar daytime where I base of operations myself inwards Kurume TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 56 Kurume to Saga


Against the dorsum wall a trouble of seats amongst men inwards tuxedos in addition to bow ties belongings shakuhachis. Gender roles are quite distinct. The concert is free, in addition to I would similar to remain in addition to watch, but the start is however an lx minutes away in addition to the Sun is depression thus I create upwardly one's hear instead to create roughly to a greater extent than exploring.

On my agency dorsum to the hotel I walk through the grounds of Saga Shrine, in addition to at that topographic point are however lines of people queuing upwardly for hatsumode, the offset shrine see of the year, fifty-fifty though it is Jan 5th.

Tomorrow I caput dorsum habitation in addition to volition provide inwards Feb for the side past times side leg. At a rattling stone oil justice I bring walked 1,520 kilometers, already to a greater extent than than the famed Shikoku Pilgrimage, in addition to at that topographic point is however much of Saga Prefecture, all of Nagasaki Prefecture, in addition to thus dorsum into Fukuoka Prefecture earlier I finish.

Jake Davies

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 55

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 57

© JapanVisitor.com
Sumber https://japanvisitor.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Merely About Kyushu 24-Hour Interval 56 Kurume To Saga. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions