Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Around Kyushu Twenty-Four Hr Menstruation Forty Urushidamachi To Taragi

A Walk Around Kyushu
Day 40, Urushidamachi to Taragi
Sun Nov 24th, 2013

I wake equally it is getting lite too speedily pack my pocketbook afterwards brushing off the layer of frost on my bivvy sack. If it was this mutual depression temperature downward this depression I loathe to imagine how mutual depression temperature it must stimulate got been at 900 meters where I was originally planning to slumber out.

There is a thick fog everywhere. I caput downward the route towards the Kuma River valley. About 200 meters along I encounter the neon glow of a dyad of love hotels piercing the fog. Damn!! If I had walked ii to a greater extent than minutes concluding nighttime I could stimulate got had a room inward ane of them. Then I overstep some other of those "adult" vending machine huts.

Before long I attain my turning. I am going to caput upwards the valley along a yamanobenomichi, a route along the border of the mountains, on the boundary betwixt the flatter valley flooring too the steep hills. The house where the H2O comes out from the mountains, too the house that historically many Japanese lived.

Out inward the middle of the valley, where the river that made the valley flows, at that topographic point is instantly a principal route too a railway draw of piece of occupation amongst lots of people settled along both, but inward older times this would stimulate got all been paddies too agricultural land.

The older settlements, along amongst shrines too temples too such are all along the yamanobenomichi. Even inward large modern cities of today, if you lot acquire to where the metropolis butts upwards against the mountains you lot volition almost ever notice an old, narrow, windy road, amongst older styles of houses too shrines too temples too other markers of history. Today I volition wander along this ane until the adjacent pilgrimage temple, Josen-ji.

 I wake equally it is getting lite too speedily pack my pocketbook afterwards brushing off the layer of fro TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day xl Urushidamachi to Taragi

It's non long till I notice the kickoff temple of the day. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Chinese-style gate amongst a large statue of Kannon leads to a pocket-sized but overnice temple on the hillside. It is yet likewise early on for anyone to live on about. The colors of the maple, amongst a amount attain from greenish through yellowish to scarlet are somehow quite beautiful inward the diffuse lite amongst subtle shades of grey. More villages, to a greater extent than shrines, oft amongst vivid carpets of golden gingko leaves. Little traffic.

Eventually the fog clears but out inward the middle of the valley a white, serpentine draw of piece of occupation of mist clings to the course of report of the cooler H2O of the river. Tilled fields start to steam. Another glorious day.

By lunchtime I come upwards into the biggest hamlet too then far today, Asagiri. Big plenty to stimulate got a pocket-sized full general shop where I tin acquire some snacks to swallow too sit down for a spell inward the shade. Across the route is a shrine amongst long lines of rock lanterns lining the entrance. It's a fleck grander than a regular hamlet shrine. There has been some coin spent on it.

 I wake equally it is getting lite too speedily pack my pocketbook afterwards brushing off the layer of fro TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day xl Urushidamachi to Taragi


Then I read a nearby noticeboard too larn that at that topographic point used to live on a pocket-sized castle on the colina behind the village. The shrine would stimulate got been supported past times the local ruler, thence its grandness. There were literally hundreds too hundreds of pocket-sized castles similar this all over Nihon until early on inward the Tokugawa Period when the shogunate restricted each daimyo (feudal lord) to ane castle per domain.

I bear on too overstep the route that comes downward from the mount that I would stimulate got been on if I had followed my master copy route over the mountain. I halt inward at a really pocket-sized shrine, simply a lonely honden, the construction that houses the kami that are unremarkably flora at the bring upwards of bigger shrines. It has a lovely thatched roof that has been late redone. It dates from the 16th century too looks similar most shrines would stimulate got done earlier roof tiles became prevalent inward the belatedly Meiji Period.

By belatedly afternoon, amongst the Sun lower inward the heaven I approach today's pilgrimage temple. The almost horizontal sunlight illuminates a pocket-sized shrine past times the side of the temple too I encounter an onetime gentleman tying fresh bamboo to the uprights of the rock torii (entrance gate) a certain sign that a matsuri volition live on held really soon.

The temple itself is really pleasant. Enough statuary too tumble colors to sate my photographic urges. Just equally I am virtually to leave, the priest, inward amount vestments, too his married adult woman appear at the meridian of the steps of the principal hall too invite me inward for tea. I actually should convey but the Sun is getting depression too its yet 5km to my bed for the nighttime too then I apologize too explicate my refusal. From hither it's almost dead westward to the middle of the valley. As I approach the principal route it gets busier too around the station at Taragi at that topographic point are restaurants too convenience stores too lots of traffic. Time for an onsen too a nighttime on a sleeper train.

Jake Davies

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 39 Part 2
Sumber https://japanvisitor.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Around Kyushu Twenty-Four Hr Menstruation Forty Urushidamachi To Taragi. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions