Tokyo Tourist Map: Toyoshige Watanabe

Last weekend was nice. I went to an fine art gallery close Shonan on Lord's Day with my special squash to sentiment the fine art travel of a Japanese homo named Toyoshige Watanabe. On display he had roughly well-nigh xxx industrial plant of art, all with the topic of "oni," or devil inwards English. Since the tickets were gratis from i of my momma-san English linguistic communication members, who also is a burgeoning artist, I jumped at the offering in addition to went.
============================================================
The Lord's Day nosotros visited that gallery was on August the 15th, the solar daytime I normally catch Yasukuni Shrine. I didn't instruct this yr because of all the pacifist press that was coming from the newspapers in addition to television set documentaries. Just thus disgusted at how the media portrays the state of war in addition to the atomic bombs, in addition to these weak apologetic Japanese men I was lecturing a 72 yr former Japanese homo on Shumei Okawa the other solar daytime at Starbucks. He never heard of him. He told me that he used to have chocolates from the Yanks dorsum inwards his solar daytime in addition to at how he had been exposed to Western ideas dorsum then. He was duly impressed in addition to sought cognition in addition to asked to a greater extent than questions well-nigh his ain history afterwards listening to me. I approximate he must've gotten tired of all the anti-Japanese press he had grown thus used to hearing when he was growing up, in addition to thus listening to me, drew a sudden contrast in addition to became refreshed inwards knowing that in that location was a fourth dimension when fifty-fifty his ain people were great.
========================================================
I wasn't going to rest habitation in addition to gloat all day, though. I was simply hoping the correct fly could convey a vocalisation with all the apologist. I dearest some of the nationalistic rhetoric, fifty-fifty if it is pointed at me in addition to others. I dearest it when I encounter in addition to hear the authoritative righteousness menses from the veins of a Japanese man's cervix in addition to head. Draped inwards all dark in addition to standing on superlative of that dark omnibus shouting in addition to spitting inwards the microphone at the superlative of his lungs at the masses every bit they're existence herded across that intersection past times computers in addition to neon lights. The Right needs to endure heard, too. It's simply every bit much their province every bit it is the atomic bomb loving apologist Japanese folks.
======================================================
Back at the gallery nosotros walked some admiring Mr. Watanabe's stone oil paintings. I convey never seen such fine art travel before. Devils with neither torsos nor heads, simply animal arms connected to legs, in addition to thus seeing its hands clutching at air, with its thick bearish claws, perchance representing homo against society, or god. As if expert needs evil inwards monastic state to endure validated, in addition to vise versa. Art is good. Art is healthy. I wasn't going to allow the negative giddy press instruct the best of me. I wasn't going to allow Chris's refusal to non lay out a real inflammatory slice well-nigh my thoughts on this day. I was going to convey a expert solar daytime in addition to I made upward my take away heed to create simply that.
========================================================
Leaving the museum, feeling refreshed, nosotros headed over to a real famous tempura store called Karari. The tempura was sky on a plate. For those of you lot who've eaten existent tempura made at a reputable store volition know what I am talking well-nigh with expert tempura, non the store bought kind. I had to admire the attending to especial each chef showed for each tempura, in addition to thus at how they served in addition to arranged the nutrient on the table. The courteous mannerisms that thus many Westerners mock every bit simulated in addition to insincere is non ever the case. Good restaurants are different. Neither tin I encounter the newer generation embracing these cultural mannerisms where the client is "god." The Japanese Way is best.
==========================================================
At whatever rate, nosotros loved this place. In the video you lot tin hear in addition to encounter a brief explanation of what nosotros ate at this restaurant.

Yesterday afternoon I headed over to a "nice middle"* Japanese mother's household for a chat in addition to some tea. I was quite surprised at how much she knew in addition to understood well-nigh how differently her ain people treated Democracy than inwards America. It was prissy resonating with a existent Japanese person, which is rare past times the way, most are thus total of shit in addition to ignorance sometimes. She's also an amazing cook. I frequently wonder what her hubby thinks well-nigh me existence in that location lonely with her in addition to the baby...And on numerous occasions? Sometimes her in addition to I chuckle over this. Life is good.After finishing upward hither nosotros headed over to Gokurakuji Temple, offered upward some prayers in addition to thus walked all the way dorsum to Kamakura station on human foot - quite far past times the way. Since the weather condition that solar daytime was unusually mild nosotros walked along the beach barefoot. It feels expert to experience cool H2O in addition to sand menses through your toes every bit each ebb & menses of sea H2O recedes inwards in addition to out. And thus the audio of waves crashing against the shore. I am a nationalist.
She was a petty peeved though when I showed her my bike. The Hinomaru sticker. She didn't mentioned anything well-nigh it, though. She gently walks upward embraced me i time again in addition to readjusted my Federal Republic of Federal Republic of Germany chrome helmet thus that it tally squarely on my head, aligning it with my biker goggles. I rode off in addition to she waved at me for what seemed endlessly.
* prissy midpoint is a Japanese/English phrase that way a pretty Japanese adult woman inwards her 30s
Sumber https://thesoulofjapan.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Tourist Map: Toyoshige Watanabe. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions