Tokyo Tourist Map: Yonezawa

Itaya Station


There are many hidden gems tucked away all over Japan.   Sometimes they  come inward the cast of one-time temples, shrines, as well as fifty-fifty manhole covers, for some people.    Ramshackle sheds, barns, one-time rundown educate station alongside thick shrubs grown inward as well as some them are what produce it for me.   Miles of unused rails lines deteriorating  and rusting, yet somehow, alongside all of these left over remnants of a fourth dimension long gone, what remains lends a sugariness beauty to the landscape of this component of Ubayu.   This is what I dearest nearly Tohoku, specially Yamagata Prefecture.  

The Tsubasa snakes its way through the Fukushima / Yamagata Valley, precisely along the edge close route xiii as well as 232.   It moves slowly, as well as I'm  sure the views are wonderful from within equally good equally it was from the outside.   

I'm certain nosotros could all appreciate taking painting of trains, as well as non precisely from them.    As the educate passed I could encounter passengers drinking beer as well as snacking away on something, as well as pointing hither as well as there.     I took these pictures afterwards I came downwards from Ubayu Onsen a gruelling nine km 17% incline narrow route alongside a 660cc 2 bike drive car, which I produce non recommend.    If I had the entire solar daytime to myself I would hike some this entire expanse taking pictures of solely one-time buildings as well as trains.    And I precisely powerfulness produce that someday, but on this trip I had an engagement alongside destiny as well as I had no fourth dimension to waste.   Destiny beingness delicious Yonezawa Beef, great sake, as well as onsen.   





View Larger Map


I finished upwards some noonish as well as headed towards Yonezawa.    A favorite ramen store along the way had been unopen down, which me as well as a gf used to visit.   Yonezawa Ramen was the refer it.  It has gone as well as is straight off a component of the landscape rusting away peacefully.    I regret non taking a painting of it, straight off that I recollect of it.



My journeys inward as well as through Yamagata began long ago, similar on my recent trip, via the smashing Nan-yo expressway.    That long stretch of 2 lane highway alongside gorgeous views of rice fields as well as mount ranges.  


What's prissy nearly the Nan-yo is the long stretch of  area it covers, specially during sunset when the rice fields plow blood-red as well as orangish from the sunlit skies.   From start to complete the Nan-yo is nearly 8 kilometres long as well as quite enjoyable if y'all are  into scenery...   The air was total of the scent of moo-cow manure as well as hay, but it was a welcoming experience because y'all know you've left the metropolis behind.   I dearest hearing the sounds of cicadas as well as crickets as well as all sorts of bugs inward the air.   You know so that it's actually summertime hither inward Yamagata.

The air is yet prepare clean though, as well as smog free.   I tin grab faint aromas of grilled meat.   You see, the signature nutrient particular inward this component of Nippon is the legendary obese beef, which is known inward many parts of the public equally some of the finest as well as most widely recognised side yesteryear side to Kobe Beef - nature's candy.    I pressed downwards on the accelerator a lilliputian to a greater extent than inward nervous anticipation to consume at a famous luncheon spot I had discovered.


By the fourth dimension I reached Yonezawa City, I had worked upwards an enormous appetite from my epic five threescore minutes race from Tokyo to Yamagata.   Seriously, I produce non recommend such escapades, but to drive some at threescore k/per threescore minutes gets boring.   I was but next the time period of traffic at some 120.

What it agency for me to move this far out has a lot to produce alongside how the existent Nippon is, as well as what it evokes inward my mind.   Ordinary Japanese folks alive here, as well as the temples as well as shrines that they adorn are precisely equally skillful equally whatever other.    They produce non receive got to move to Kyoto as well as Nara precisely to experience the verve of their ain country.   They experience it everyday.   Right here.   In the rattling backbone of the nation.  

Before the smashing March 11th earthquake as well as Tsunami disaster most of the public knew rattling lilliputian to goose egg nearly this part of Japan.   Not fifty-fifty some Tokyoites had sufficient agreement of this area, equally many assumed that these regions were  either underdeveloped or apparently boring.   The fact yet remains that Tohoku has ever been the pulse of the nation, the staff of life handbasket if y'all will, the middle of agriculture as well as fisheries.   The premium rice growing part as well as motherlode of premium sake production.


喰処 上花輪 ( Kamihanawa)

So I finally larn inward at my destination for luncheon at a rattling good known house called Kamihanawa, as well as it's hither that I had my outset repast for the day delicious beef yakiniku ramen.


In all fairness, at that spot are dozens of fantastic ramen shops that offering upwards their ain signature Yamagata dish.    And at that spot are maybe dozens of local favourites yesteryear people who know improve than me, as well as who've grown upwards hither since birth, as well as who'll in all likelihood sware upwards as well as downwards that this ramen store serves the most authentic ramen, as well as so on.   I'm non recommending this store because of that, nor because it was inward some move magazine, or because someone raised their correct manus as well as told me so.   I was attracted to this house because of the quaint atmosphere as well as the laid menus that was on offer.      It was also easily accessible from route 2, the chief route through the middle of the city.




View Larger Map

In my xiii inch inward diameter ramen bowl, at that spot were slabs of obese tender Yonezawa Beef both at the bottom of the bowl, as well as along the top.   It was i of the finest bowls of ramen I receive got ever eaten.



The greenish veggies were nice, too.   Next to that on the correct is a spicy blood-red additive to give the ramen to a greater extent than spiciness, which I don't recollect y'all actually need.   And so dessert is tangerine.    If y'all receive got high blood line per unit of measurement area receive got it piece of cake on ramen that's high inward fat, similar this.   In i bowl y'all tin gustatory modality the entire history of this region.    Eating Yonezawa Beef is a lot similar eating a obese sponge, but inward a skillful way.  After finishing upwards I headed for check-in.  


My master copy conception was to attend the August 14th fireworks effect downtown.   I had toted my large tripod as well as brought alongside me all of my photographic goggle box camera lenses as well as equipment for this special alongside over 20,000 fireworks on show.    Since the weather condition was sultry as well as hovering inward the high 30s I decided to banking enterprise jibe inward to my hotel, freshen upwards so caput dorsum out for the fireworks.    Wrong!


The hotel staff at the Tsukioka Hotel were warm as well as friendly to me upon check-in.   I was shown to my room where at that spot were 2 beds waiting for me, a large apartment screen, an component chair as well as a smashing wifi signal.    Towels as well as 2 prepare clean yukata were on my bed.   There was a hot pot of tea brimming side yesteryear side to that was a pitcher of H2O ice mutual depression temperature H2O as well as some desserts side yesteryear side to that.    For me, afterwards a long trip, I similar to sit down down, current of air down, as well as drinkable some actually hot tea alongside some snacks.   Take several deep breaths.    I larn changed into my robes as well as caput downwards for a niee dip for thirty minutes so caput dorsum upwards to the room.    Once inward the broom I popular opened upwards a bottle of Kirin Lager, chug it downwards - all of it!   Turn on the T.V. as well as sigh.    Then I typically crash for nearly 2 hours wake upwards alongside an appetite as well as receive got dinner.   There was no way I was going to crawl dorsum into my clothing as well as caput out for fireworks.   Who cares!?


Tsukioka's ain mortal conduct Junmai sake alongside Yonezawa Beef.  Sea Bream, Hainuki, miso soup as well as tofu inward vinegar was precisely sky on a plate.    The lastly slice of beef was worshipped!   As if I wanted to frame it as well as receive got it dwelling solid alongside me.

And so the bath.   The prissy matter nearly Tsukioka's bathroom is the nature surrounding it.   The opened upwards air bathroom H2O is hot as well as therapeutic.    It's of import non to larn confused nearly this hotel as well as the i I stayed at inward Niigata Prefecture     The onsen pics were snapped alongside my iPhone, thus the distortions.




Sitting hither inward the cool of the level spell the H2O was soothing my joints the sounds of nature were soothing my mind.    The natural steam the hot spa releases is alleviates all stress as well as fatigue.   Down below is the video portion scout how white steam comes upwards inward the video.   This is my onsen theatre segment.

I shot this video alongside my iPhone 4S, the lastly recording earlier it slipped out of my manus as well as into the water.  Before it died this lastly parting gift is what it left me this video.






Sumber https://thesoulofjapan.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Tourist Map: Yonezawa. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions