Tokyo Tourist Map: Hokushika Shuzo

Let me repeat the lift " Ho-Ku-Shika."   Not to hold out confused alongside some other sake brewer inward West Nippon called HAkushika.    That's rattling of import because it's likewise piece of cake to miss subtle pronunciations inward Japanese, or mischaracterizations of the kanji.     With that out of the agency I would similar to innovate a  saké for this month.   







Again, it's called Hokushika in addition to it hails from Odate city, inward Akita Prefecture inward Tohoku.   The significance for choosing this sake this evening was to convey upwardly ii points one, nigh my experience inward Odate, in addition to two,  about the type of saké I'm having tonight, which is the exact same sake I had upwardly inward Odate, inward Akita Prefecture.     For those of yous who are non familiar alongside Akita, it is known for its extremely mutual depression temperature winters.   It's these bitter mutual depression temperature winters that are perfect for brewing sake.    




First, let's start out alongside the breakdown:

Alcohol: 15.5%
Nihonshu-do + 1
Acid 1.5
Rice: Yamada Nishiki  and Akita Komachi
Seimaibuai:  65%
*雪中貯蔵   [Secchu - chozou]  Snow cooled
*氷点熟成 [ Hyouten Jukusei.  

If yous are a beginner, in addition to then these damage volition sink inward eventually, only takes to a greater extent than drinking in addition to to a greater extent than sniffing.      A detailed explanation of the damage  can be seen here.    The flavor profiles may vary from ane palate to the next.  I picked upwardly pear in addition to dear dew melon.   Clean complete alongside a tiny lilliputian dismiss downward the hatch.  After gustation is refreshing in addition to clean.  I could drinkable this only similar it is, in addition to most of all it's  seasonal in addition to rare.   This is why I harp on nigh visiting Nippon in addition to trying all of these seasonal rare sake.   Stuff yous cannot acquire exterior of Japan.   I highly recommend attention the sake fair inward Niigata this year, too.


The outset fourth dimension I ever tried this wonderful sake was when I was staying at the Ainori Onsen Hotel inward Nishi Karigasekiyama, correct off the Ushu Highway only due north of Odate  near the Kuromori Mountains.    That experience for me was epic!      


Last autumn, 2011, I spent a few days upwardly inward Shirakami Sanchi, a UNESCO World Heritage famous for having the largest Virgin Beech Forest inward the world.    I love Japan.   At whatsoever rate, I wrote upwardly 3 article on that epic journeying yous tin can  read about here.     Leaving Shirakami behind I had to run my agency downward to Hirosaki, in addition to and then downward to the Ushu Highway.   I was dazed because I almost got stranded upwardly along an unmarked mount path for iv hours inward Shirakami due to loss of signal on my GPS.    Imagine that,  the GPS failed - no signal in addition to at nighttime on a narrow mount path in addition to no visibility except for moonlight!  My notions nigh Atheism died on that mount path inward a ii bike drive 600 cc car.    I was 5 hours belatedly for my check-in at the Ainori.




Checking inward at around 9:30 pm was a large no-no!   Typically cutting off fourth dimension is around 6...?  You're supposed to check-in at 3pm.   I knew that, that' why I called later I figured my agency out of Shirakami.  No στοιχείο signals inward Shirakami if yous are using  Softbank.  I hope things receive got changed.  Last I checked yous could role AU.      Anyway, I was lost, hungry, in addition to vexed from that whole ordeal.   When I check-in the people at the desk were thus friendly in addition to accommodating.   Even though my reservation had no meals included they prepared a special repast for me on the house.     It was uncomplicated in addition to delicious.   Legendary Akita specialty Kiritanpo, a cylindrical or sometimes ball shaped rice served inward a hot soup.   Some wild veggies in addition to chawanmushi!    A squeamish finisher was the Hokushika.  No, it wasn't water.  Some people add together H2O ice cubes to sake to convey out the acid.  I produce from fourth dimension to time.  I am non recommending it here.   It's an private preference that some Japanese bask doing.   I learnt this from other Japanese I receive got imbibed with.  




The Ainori is a truthful local favorite.  Many of the locals view this house everyday.  I receive got never been much of a fan of likewise local places, but this ane was an exception.   I love the Ainori thus much I had promised myself I would never weblog nigh it, in addition to I broke that hope this evening thank yous to the sake I am drinking.    Do non view this house if yous receive got  tattoos, or if yous produce non verbalise Japanese.   Thank you.  Their biggest fearfulness was the linguistic communication barrier, in addition to the obvious...if yous know what I mean.  I verbalise the linguistic communication fairly well, in addition to empathise the cultural nuances of the Japanese.     


That night, later dinner, I sat inward an amazing outdoor bathroom in addition to chatted it upwardly alongside a local nether a starry nighttime sky.  it was fun.  He visits the house twice a calendar week because of the scenery in addition to the corking water.   The side past times side morn this:


The morn chill  brought out the steam from this deliciously hot mineral rich onsen.   I produce non recall the exterior temps, but it was rattling cold.   The H2O was a perfect 42 Centigrade.   All this was only earlier a hearty breakfast.   I was inward heaveeeeennnnn....   Somethings should never change.   I know forthwith that the younger generation cannot save this.   This all must hold out enjoyed now!    Ten years from now, the elderly volition non hold out able to acquit on the tradition of maintaining these amazing onsen in addition to its facilities.     I produce really hope that I am incorrect nigh what I only wrote nigh onsen.   I pray I am wrong.   

By the way, the subject music for this postal service is called " Teach me to Whisper past times Liquid Mind"  you tin can uncovering it inward the iTunes store.   It's a corking slice of New Age.  If yous receive got an opened upwardly heed you'll love it.   Especially if yous receive got stereo headphones.




I wanted to capture to a greater extent than of the steamy goodness.   It's nigh the steam!  It's the steam.   You cannot learn the love of sake inward a classroom, it has to hold out taught inward a liquid classroom!   You must sit down inward an onsen in addition to drinkable Japanese sake, early on inward the morn inward a hot misty natural onsen inward the mountains spell listening to this subject music - the odour of onsen in addition to sake....oooh.    You should non dismiss this nor ignore me for whatever reason.    Sake has to hold out introduced in addition to taught from the perspective of nature.   Yes, certain the classroom is skillful too, but it only provides a rudimentary agreement of sake, non the spiritual imbuing of sake.  That tin can only come upwardly from the onsen in addition to the nature, in addition to the shrine, almost form of similar a baptism.  Those who stand upwardly for sake, must ALL move past times through this realization FIRST earlier they tin can preach nigh Japanese sake to the world.    Shinto in addition to nature imbues sake!    Sake is a spiritual drinkable first!  Please empathise that.   Before nihonshu was introduced to mutual folks, it was outset reserved for the Shinto priests in addition to royalty.  


At nigh this fourth dimension my lens was non able to capture  clear photos.    By the way, all of the invitee were eating breakfast, thus I didn't intrude on anyone's privacy when I was out hither lone snapping photos.   The sugariness hr is around 7:30 am.   Most invitee are  having breakfast at around this time.  Perfect fourth dimension for onsen.   Yay!   I wasn't able to convey my Japanese moms( plural).  I had to acquire alone.  This was a spiritual quest.     




My outset Baptism occurred inward Gifu Prefecture at an onsen I won't break only yet.   Hint, it is the oldest onsen hotel inward Gifu, ane time visited past times the Emperor of Nippon ( never utter his lift every bit " Emperor" because it is blasphemy, ever state ' Tenno' because it's a mode that most Japanese volition never learn you, at to the lowest degree educated Japanese)....  Another cultural nuance.    Sorry if that came off every bit pretentious.   But.... what I desire yous to empathise is that.....you actually demand to experience the connector betwixt Japanese sake in addition to JAPAN.    You mustn't reinvent sake.   



Momokawa, in addition to Sake One, I am certain yous are making corking sake that volition someday challenger Japanese sake, but , yous must recall to never carve upwardly the cultural, nor spiritual nuances that run best alongside Japanese sake.    Sake is non material!   It is the quintessence of Japanese hot springs, Shinto, Nature, the doting Jukujo, Ise Jingu....and believe it or not, in addition to regardless of others, Yasukuni.    You mustn't carve upwardly sake from its mortal COIL.    It is every bit much a business office of Nippon every bit the ancient gods of lore that established the godhood of this nation. 


I would similar to give thank yous my greatest teacher, ane of my one-time girlfriends  Emi Tanikawa of Kushiro, in addition to  a long fourth dimension manlike someone friend Casey Takayama, a spiritual mystic for introducing me to onsen in addition to sake in addition to for  teaching me  these rattling basic key truths, peculiarly nigh sake in addition to onsen.  I would non appreciate the beauty of Nippon today had it non been for them.  These are all existent people, past times the way.    




The finishing subject music is past times Keith Sweat " Twisted!"   This should tardily in addition to carefully convey yous out of this trance similar heaven.   The Jukujo are all a business office of the beauty of Japanese civilization in addition to sake every bit well.   Of course, some volition disagree alongside this, but, thus what.











Sumber https://thesoulofjapan.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Tourist Map: Hokushika Shuzo. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions