Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Unopen To Kyushu Twenty-Four Hours 35 Chiran To Minami Satsuma

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 35
Ei to Chiran
Dominicus August 4th, 2013

It's an overcast hateful solar daytime every bit I caput off. My outset halt is to explore the gardens inward Chiran's samurai district, vii pocket-size zen-style gardens inward mortal houses. It's non nonetheless 7am, as well as the gardens don't opened upward until 9.

The atmospheric former street lined with rock walls is deserted, as well as I am delighted to uncovering that the houses with the gardens don't genuinely get got gates or doors that require opening, therefore I tin terminate only stride within as well as accept some pictures without paying the entrance fee.

 My outset halt is to explore the gardens inward  TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 35 Chiran to Minami Satsuma
Samurai district inward Kaseda
On my means out of Chiran town I halt inward at the primary shrine at the border of town. It's interesting enough, but therefore inward a edifice amongst the irrigation canal that runs along the border of the shrine grounds I uncovering something completely unexpected, karakuri ningyo, mechanical dolls.

Produced since the 17th century, these dolls, sometimes powered past times springs, sometimes clockwork, were real popular. What nosotros get got hither at this shrine is a whole animated tableau of demons as well as characters inward a landscape, as well as what is most interesting of all is that it is powered past times water.

Behind the edifice is a pocket-size waterwheel inward the irrigation channel that powers the whole thing. Unfortunately it is entirely activated 1 time a year. I caput off towards the coast as well as Minami Satsuma, my finish for the day. I create non get got whatsoever expectations of seeing much interesting today. I did some enquiry earlier I left, studying maps, googling, etc as well as at that spot seems to hold upward petty of depository fiscal establishment complaint until I achieve Minami Satsuma.

As I approach Kawanabe, the entirely town of whatsoever size on the route, the maps shows a abrupt domestic dog leg ahead therefore I create upward one's heed to accept the diagonal as well as cutting across through the depression lying surface area of rice paddies, as well as I'm glad I did.

 My outset halt is to explore the gardens inward  TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 35 Chiran to Minami Satsuma


Approaching the border of town I discovered a most odd building. It's a big barn, constructed out of huge logs, but non forthwith logs, rather gnarly as well as twisted. Not entirely that, but the huge rootage balls are left. Some of the "posts" asset upward the edifice are close 2 meters wide. It facial expression every bit if a giant has ripped out ancient trees from a primeval wood as well as crudely stacked them to brand a shelter.

Many pocket-size roofs get got been built overlapping each other. I genuinely get got never seen anything similar it as well as motion to imagine how it was built. To say it was quirky would hold upward an understatement.

I bear on downwardly the route towards Kaseda, the cite of the town that the modern administrative metropolis of Minami Satsuma is centered on. I halt inward at a uniquely Japanese vending experience, a roadside collection of machines selling sexual practice dvds, dildos, lingeries, etc.

 My outset halt is to explore the gardens inward  TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 35 Chiran to Minami Satsuma


Often these places volition hold upward constitute close rural love hotels, but I've seen none of those today. Hidden behind corrugated steel walls, lights flicker on every bit yous travel into the darkness. I uncovering it difficult to believe that inward this hateful solar daytime as well as historic menstruum of slow meshing access such places tin terminate brand a profit, but I've seen plenty of them to advise that they do.

It's early on afternoon when I larn into Kaseda therefore every bit I get got fourth dimension I caput S to catch the former samurai district. Like Chiran, it was 1 of the samurai settlements scattered all over the domain inward flagrant violation of the Tokugawa edicts stipulating that all samurai must reside inward the unmarried domainal castle town.

Unlike Chiran at that spot is non likewise much to see, some walls, gates, a statue or two. Across the primary route is a big shrine. Sitting only about a picnic tabular array inward the common side past times side door is a grouping of retired gentlemen wearing armbands.

They hand me some pamphlets. The shrine enshrines Shimazu Tadayoshi, a 16th century daimyo who retired to Kaseda. He is remembered every bit 1 of the corking Shimazu lords, as well as the wooded, hillside common side past times side to the shrine has a serial of his poems carved inward rock monuments.

I chat with the former guys, who are members of some variety of Tadayoshi appreciation as well as advertisement society, earlier wandering into the sedate downtown surface area to uncovering my hotel. Also similar Chiran, Kaseda was abode to a kamikaze air base, but the museum for it is a petty likewise far out of town for me to larn to.

Jake Davies

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 34

© JapanVisitor.com
Sumber https://japanvisitor.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Unopen To Kyushu Twenty-Four Hours 35 Chiran To Minami Satsuma. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions