Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Approximately Kyushu Twenty-Four Hours 27 Miyakonojo To Kirishima Jingu

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 27
Miyakonojo to Kirishima Jingu
Sabbatum July 27th, 2013

It's some other overcast in addition to muggy day. I caput off early on to accept wages of the coolest temperatures of the day. The pilgrimage temple is but exterior the town, surrounded past times farmland, in addition to is actually unremarkable amongst no architectural features or statuary on display, in addition to is quite disappointing.

I caput off towards the mountains. Today I volition last next the track trouble every bit it snakes upwards a valley towards the Kirishima Mountains earlier turning southward towards Kagoshima Bay.

The adjacent pilgrimage temple is downwards on the coast of the bay but I conduct keep decided to accept a detour to watch the Kirishima Jingu Shrine. I conduct keep come upwards to the determination that at that spot is non much signal coming all the means downwards to southern Kyushu if I am but going to rush from temple to temple, in addition to thus I am going to permit myself the fourth dimension to brand detours to nearby sights that agree an involvement for me.

 I caput off early on to accept wages of the coolest temperatures of the solar daytime TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 27 Miyakonojo to Kirishima Jingu


After leaving the lowlands the valley closes inwards quite chop-chop in addition to the settlements larn smaller every bit they cling to the sides of the narrowing valley. There is non a lot of traffic, but at that spot no sidewalks. There is piddling to see, I exceed no shrines.

By lunchtime I realize that the route is solely going to larn steeper, in addition to I conduct keep nearly xviii kilometers to larn to orbit Kirishima Jingu. I halt inwards at the adjacent station in addition to am happy to abide by that inwards a few minutes i of the infrequent local trains volition stop.

Using the justification that this is a detour in addition to non a business office of the pilgrimage proper, I produce upwards one's heed to accept the prepare the 8km to Kirishimajingu station. From at that spot i of the infrequent buses that climb 10km farther upwards the mountains to the shrine itself is nearly to run out in addition to thus I accept it.

It's directly mid-afternoon in addition to thus I conduct keep fourth dimension to watch the shrine in addition to hold back roughly earlier checking inwards to the nearby minshuku where I conduct keep a room booked. Across from the omnibus halt is a big edifice adorned amongst Tengu, the red-faced, long nosed "forest goblins" associated amongst yamabushi, the mount monks of Shugendo.

On investigation I am over the Luna to discovery it is a mask museum!! One affair I am ever on the scout for inwards shrines are masks, in addition to and thus far inwards this walk roughly Kyushu at that spot conduct keep been relatively few to last found, in addition to hither inwards i house are literally hundreds in addition to hundreds of them.

 I caput off early on to accept wages of the coolest temperatures of the solar daytime TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 27 Miyakonojo to Kirishima Jingu


Most are from unlike areas of Japan, some inwards a mode I conduct keep never seen before. There are fifty-fifty some examples of the mode of mask from my ain area, Iwami kagura masks. There are every bit good a few examples from other parts of the world. This has made the diversion good worth it.

After the masks, the shrine is a fleck of an anticlimax.

It's impressive enough, all stately in addition to vermillion. It was rebuilt hither a few hundred years ago. It used to last much farther upwards the mountain, but was destroyed past times eruptions, for the Kirishima Mountains are active volcanoes, parts of which are nevertheless off limits to hikers afterward the most recent rumbling. Because of the geothermal action this is a Marueda minshuku I halt in addition to soak my feet inwards an ashiyu, the costless pes baths constitute inwards many hot saltation resorts.

Jake Davies

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 26

© JapanVisitor.com
Sumber https://japanvisitor.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Approximately Kyushu Twenty-Four Hours 27 Miyakonojo To Kirishima Jingu. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions