Saying Goodbye To Okinawa: Seven Months Left And Counting

           I know in my previous blog post, I mentioned that I had a year and seven months left. My time has been cut shorter and I'm now preparing for my journey to Korea quicker than expected.

           At 22 years old, when I first set foot on the plane to take me to Japan, my eyes dazzled with wonder. I was venturing to Japan to live my dream to experience a country and culture so different from my own. Japan had been on my mind since I was 12 and there I was, finally grasping onto it with all my might.

           My time in the Land of the Rising Sun is setting, just like the Okinawan sun on the seawall in the middle of summer. My time is ticking away and I'm sitting on the concrete wall, watching that orange orb cast its burning glow on glittering waters.

           The mourning process is a long one and I've shed some tears to say goodbye to one of the (warmest) and most beautiful places I've ever lived.

          In a way, I'm glad I'm leaving. I feel at peace that my life can move forward and I can focus on a new chapter in my life. I guess part of being an adult is being a dreamer. We make a dream, work toward it, catch it, and then dream again.


          My new dream is Korea. I dream about experiencing the culture and I'm excited as I learn Korean with my tutor. I'm interested in Kpop, Kdramas and cooking Korean food.

          I know my interests are genuine and real because I never took this kind of interest in Japan. Sure, I liked anime and manga and read books about it. But did I really understand the culture of Japan? I believed Japan was a mystical place that would make all my dreams come true, and in a way, it did. Okinawa served as a place of healing and a place for me to grow up. My dreams have been fulfilled and it's time to move on.

           I'll still be blogging about Okinawa, but I will be offering advice on how to move countries and transition out after JET.

           Am I terrified? Yes. I'm the most terrified I've ever been. Before coming on JET, Japan was so ingrained into my heart, I had no doubts about leaving. I have experience living in a foreign country and know what it's like. I'll be starting from scratch all over again. I'll have to adjust to a new set of customs, traditions, and ways of living. I'll have to find new friends and make my way in a Korean world.

           My future is uncertain. It's been giving me stress and nightmares, but is it exciting? Yes. I remember all these feels when I was applying to JET and the same rush of excitement is running through my veins.

          I'm applying for GEPIK, a teaching agenda much like JET but in the suburbs outside of Seoul. I need urban and I need a place to connect with people easily. While the Japanese are kind, I don't connect with them as quickly. When I experienced Seoul during Golden Week, I had more interaction with people in four days than I did in three months on Okinawa.

            I'm overcome with so many feels as I slowly begin my transition out of Japan, back to the states for a month and into Korea. I have my faith in God, support of my friends and family, and a fire burning within me to experience the rest of the world.

             , still reporting for duty.


Enjoyed this post? You might also like: 
Cheating in Japan
My Crazy Doctor Visit

Sumber https://ginabearsblog.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Saying Goodbye To Okinawa: Seven Months Left And Counting. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions