Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk To A Greater Extent Than Or Less Kyushu Twenty-Four Hr Menstruation Eight Nakatsu To Usa

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 8, Jan 6th, 2013
Nakatsu to Usa

Yesterday's walk was the foremost since I began where I didn't instruct to view whatever of the temples on the pilgrimage. Today, all beingness well, I should hold upwards visiting four.

I had spent a few days exploring Nakatsu a span of months ago, thence didn't experience the demand to await to a greater extent than or less anymore, together with equally today was going to hold upwards some other 30km addition 24-hour interval I headed off from my hotel patch it was even thence nighttime to uncovering the foremost temple.

It's inward the temple district, a winding lane with a dozen or thence Buddhist temples, some quite grand, but non Fumon-in, the i I'm looking for, inward fact I operate yesteryear it twice earlier realizing this temple is non an quondam house. It had no grounds to verbalise of, only plenty infinite behind the walls for a few statues.

The side yesteryear side temple is virtually 5km inland together with yesteryear the fourth dimension I accomplish it the suburbs are showtime to give agency to countryside. Nearby is Komo Shrine, quite a large Hachiman shrine with a big, ornate, gate, together with a floating torii inward the large reservoir/pond amongst it. I was hither inward Nov for the autumn colors, but it was raining together with thence I halt dorsum yesteryear together with come across if at that spot whatever to a greater extent than shots to hold upwards had.

From hither my route heads straight south, together with i time passing nether the Nakatsu Bypass it opens upwards to countryside proper. I halt inward at a span of Earth shrines together with am pleased to uncovering some large wooden demon masks on display. All the shrines inward this expanse induce got a kagura den, a construction where kagura is performed. Though it is non equally pop hither equally inward my ain area, its even thence prissy to hold upwards somewhere that retains this traditional activity.

s walk was the foremost since I began where I didn TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 8 Nakatsu to Usa


Now the route is, unusually for Japan, dead straight equally it aims for Hachimen Yama, "eight-faced mountain". I operate yesteryear through an expanse of large construction. Paddies set waste materials inward grooming for the coming expressway. I'd seen to a greater extent than of this yesterday close Yukuhashi. Soon the Nakatsu Bypass volition hold upwards bypassed.

As I accomplish the base of operations of the mount together with the route begins its winding ascent I come upwards to a large shrine. In the chief hall a huge, ruby Tengu mask, a sign that this mount was in all likelihood a Shugendo site.

Not equally good much farther upwards the mountainside is the entrance to Jingo-ji, the 3rd of the pilgrimage temples today, together with it's quite a surprise equally at that spot is piffling inward the agency of buildings, but lots of statues together with paths.

There are all form of bodhisattvas together with buddhas, the names of some I know, some I don't. There is a waterfall for shugyo, ascetic practices, surrounded yesteryear Fudo Myo statues, at that spot are statues of Emma together with other judges of Hell.

At the highest betoken a cordoned off expanse with burn pits together with to a greater extent than Fudo Myo statues, but most interesting of all was a stone reclining Buddha virtually v meters long. The identify was quite busy equally good with one-half a dozen modest household unit of measurement groups wandering around.

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 rattling pleasant surprise was Jingo-ji. From hither I induce got to backtrack to the large 4-lane bypass. I don't actually similar backtracking nor walking major roads but inward this representative I induce got no choice. There is piffling along the route except where it passes close a village, together with and thence at that spot would hold upwards machine dealerships, household unit of measurement restaurants, pachinko parlors etc. One machine dealership had a huge Statue of Liberty, to a greater extent than commonly establish on Love Hotels or pachinko parlors.

s walk was the foremost since I began where I didn TokyoTouristMap: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 8 Nakatsu to Usa


The 24-hour interval begins to drag on, equally days create after walking xx kilometers. The route forks together with I accept the quondam route 10 west. The novel route 10 heads due south with most of the traffic for Beppu together with Oita.

Hida, a town on the river looks similar it in all likelihood has some interesting shrines together with some quondam traditional buildings, but I neither induce got the fourth dimension nor inclination to explore together with proceed pressing on west.

I accomplish the final temple of the day, only across the route from the major shrine of Usa Hachimangu, only equally the Sun is setting. The golden lite together with rigid shadows on the statuary brand for some prissy pics.

Across the route the huge machine green for Usa Hachimangu is totally packed together with lines of cars are waiting to hold upwards ushered inward yesteryear a squad of retired gentleman with wands. Maybe at that spot is an effect or ceremony, or mayhap equally it is the foremost Lord's Day of the New Year's Day it is only visitors for their novel twelvemonth rituals, but I'm equally good tired to become inward together with uncovering out.

It's some other 5km to the station which I accomplish after nighttime together with caput dorsum to my hotel inward Nakatsu. Tomorrow dorsum home. I volition hold upwards dorsum inward the expanse inward Feb for a festival upwards inward the mountains of the Kunisaki Peninsula, together with afterward I volition walk the side yesteryear side leg. My stone oil calculation is I induce got walked 220 kilometers inward 8 days. Only 1800km to go.....

Jake Davies

A Walk Around Kyushu 7

A Walk Around Kyushu 9
Sumber https://japanvisitor.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk To A Greater Extent Than Or Less Kyushu Twenty-Four Hr Menstruation Eight Nakatsu To Usa. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions