Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Roughly Kyushu Solar Daytime 12 Oita To Bungo Ono

A Walk Around Kyushu Day 12, Th 21st Feb Oita to Bungo Ono

The side yesteryear side leg of the pilgrimage is to 2 temples inward Bungo Ono, close 35 kilometers inland from Oita City. 35km is for sure doable, though alongside a total pack as well as the brusque wintertime twenty-four hr menstruum it may live a flake of a stretch, thus I arrive at upwardly one's hear to operate out my pack inward my inexpensive hotel room, walk at that spot as well as cause got a prepare back. Next twenty-four hr menstruum I tin cause got the get prepare dorsum out as well as walk from at that spot dorsum to the coast at Usuki.

With no pack the get few hours I pace along as well as attempt to larn through the urban sprawl of Oita City every bit fast every bit I can. By 9am I attain the banks of the Ono River which I ask to follow upwardly into the high country. As alongside many rivers inward Japan, 1 banking concern has a major route as well as the other a narrower, quieter 1 as well as lastly I am gratis of the traffic. Maybe 1 vehicle every 10 minutes passes by.

 The side yesteryear side leg of the pilgrimage is to 2 temples inward Bungo Ono TokyoTouristMap: H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 12 Oita to Bungo Ono


I attain Inukai, a 1 street hamlet bypassed yesteryear the original route on the other side of the river it is almost a ghost town. It has a prepare station, but entirely close 20% of its commercial establishments look to live operating. Just yesteryear Inukai I attain the original road, as well as immediately I cause got to brand a decision. I cause got iii choices of route. The shortest volition cause got me over the high Earth to the due north of the river.

The simplest would live to cause got the original route to the due south of the river. I elect to follow the middle way, along the river, figuring it volition live the prettiest. I realized I had made the right determination when, after a brusque walk, I came to a pocket-size sign pointing upwardly a side route to the Inukai Stone Buddhas, a pocket-size laid upwardly of cliff carvings. It was a steep 500 meters, but good worth it every bit the original carving was non a Buddha at all, but Fudo Myo, my favorite Buddhist deity!

So I'm feeling pleased alongside myself every bit I walk along the placidity route inward a higher house the river until I attain a sign that explains why non a unmarried vehicle has passed by...... the route is closed!! Usually inward situations similar this I precisely ignore the sign as well as promise that fifty-fifty though cars can't larn through I volition live able to. Last Nov patch walking precisely about the Kunisaki Peninsula I ignored a route shut sign as well as and thus 2 hours afterwards came to a fifteen meter high wall of rocks, mud, as well as trees blocking the road.

Fortunately I was able to scramble over, as well as I trust to my luck again. Turns out the narrow route is only blocked yesteryear structure equipment doing some repairs. I operate along on for a few to a greater extent than kilometers as well as and thus its fourth dimension to climb upwardly from the riverbank as well as notice the get temple. Its temple 96, 1 of the 20 "extra" temples on elevation of the 88.

Kenryu-ji is quite a large as well as pleasant rural temple alongside good manicured bushes lining the stairway upwardly to it. From hither I caput straight due south to the town of Mie which appears on the map every bit the administrative centre of Bungo Ono City. I larn into town every bit the Sun dips behind the mountains as well as thus must notice an extra flare-up of unloose energy to attain the side yesteryear side temple close 3km out of town. It turns out to live a actually interesting place.

 The side yesteryear side leg of the pilgrimage is to 2 temples inward Bungo Ono TokyoTouristMap: H5N1 Walk Around Kyushu Day 12 Oita to Bungo Ono


Outside the original temple grounds of Renjo-ji is an old, long hall guarded yesteryear Nio, as well as within to a greater extent than than 1,000 pocket-size statues of Yakushi Nyorai, known every bit the healing Buddha. Even to a greater extent than interesting is the possibility that this may live the get temple inward Japan.

Official history says that Buddhism was introduced to the Yamato rulers yesteryear the King of Paekche, but this ignores the fact that Kyushu as well as western Nippon has ever had interactions alongside the Asian mainland exterior of as well as split upwardly from those of the rulers inward far off fundamental Japan.

According to the local legend a local man, Manano Choja, invited a Buddhist priest over from Paekche. Manano had a beautiful immature lady who was chosen to live a concubine of a Yamato prince. Unfortunately she died on the body of body of water journeying to Yamato.

The prince afterwards became Emperor Yomei, as well as the official get temple inward Japan, Asuka dera, wasn't built until after Yomei's death, thus its perfectly possible for the claim to live the get temple inward Nippon to live correct.

I personally similar it when mainstream history is challenged yesteryear the periphery, thus I was actually pleased to cause got found this place, but the Sun had laid upwardly as well as I needed to larn dorsum to town to pick out grip of a prepare dorsum to Oita.

Jake Davies

A Walk Around Kyushu 11

© JapanVisitor.com
Sumber https://japanvisitor.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Tokyo Japan Travel Attractions Destinations Map: A Walk Roughly Kyushu Solar Daytime 12 Oita To Bungo Ono. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions